The 9 First Nations businesses travelled to Tāmaki Makaurau from the State of Victoria intending to foster indigenous-to-indigenous trade. We worked with the team from Global Victoria and helped co-design the programme, establish business connections, and act as Kaitiaki to our manuhiri who have travelled to learn and share their skills with our people.
Here are profiles of the businesses that participated and we encourage our readers to reach out and BUY FROM THEM:
- DHUWA Coffee (SupplyAus Holdings) | Shawn Andrews & Adam Williams - SupplyAus Holdings delivers a range of products and services, specialising in PPE gear, office supplies, uniforms and work wear. DHUWA Coffee, in particular, is an Australia Indigenous-owned coffee
- Ngarga Warendj Pty Ltd (Dancing Wombat) | Michael & Nicola Harding - unique Indigenous gifts and cultural items
- Worn Gundidj | Chris Sheppard - an Aboriginal Cooperative based in Warrnambool, Victoria. Their mission: To empower their people to become active agents in their own future and deliver on their own aspirations.
- Yilam Pty Ltd | Kaley Nicholson & Joanne Nicholson- an indigenous camping and outdoor experience company.
- Blakbone Sistahood (Essential Services Australia Group) | Jaynaya Winmar - brings together a deadly group of sisters to grow business and wealth creation opportunities.
- Still Here Arts and Culture | Neil Morris - an indigenous art and cultural artist, Neil Morris is looking to collaborate with other indigenous artists.
We have held an informal feedback session on key learnings from the Delegation and are working on the next steps we will take with each of the companies. If you are keen to meet or partner with them, please email Kris at firstname.lastname@example.org.